The Council of the College of Early Childhood Educators meets four times per year to oversee the activities of the College in regulating the profession in the public interest.
Council met on June 18-19, 2019. Highlights of the meeting are below.
Three-Year Strategic Plan
Council reviewed the College’s progress towards the objectives for year one of the 2018-2021 Strategic Plan. In addition, strategic plan key activities for year two of the 2018-2021 strategic plan were discussed.
Updates to Continuous Professional Learning
Council approved revisions to the Notice of CPL Program Requirements and the Self-Assessment Tool.
These changes include:
- Requirement to keep CPL program records reduced from six years to four years
- Information about auditing, effective September 2019
- Removing requirement to indicate professional learning priorities in the Self-Assessment Tool
New Executive Committee Elected
Council elected the 2019-2020 Executive Committee.
This year’s members are:
- Stacey Lepine RECE: President
- Kristine Parsons RECE: Vice-President
- Julie Cyr RECE
- Laura Urso RECE
- Barney Savage
- Karen Damley CPA, CA
Welcome New Council Members
Council welcomed the newly-elected Council members from Districts 5 (Toronto Region) and 7 (Hamilton/Niagara Region):
- Tricia Doyle RECE
- Paul Jackson RECE
- Cecile Kim RECE
- Kim Cole RECE
Council also welcomed a new publicly appointed member:
- Pamela Carkner
Read more about the College Council and its members: