Council meets four times a year to oversee the College of Early Childhood Educators’ (College) activities in regulating the profession in the public interest.
Here are highlights from the meeting held on January 11, 2023.
Welcome to a New Council Member
- Council welcomed Jessica Christian RECE, an elected member of Council from District 5.
- You can find out more about Council members and the role of Council on our website.
In the spotlight
- Council approved revisions to the College’s existing Language Fluency Policy to remain in compliance with recent regulatory amendments under the Fair Access to Regulated Professions and Compulsory Trades Act. The intent of the regulatory amendments is to harmonize the language fluency tests that the College accepts as a requirement for registration so that members do not have to complete multiple tests.
- The revised policy allows the College to accept four additional language fluency tests (two English and two French), as well as the two tests previously accepted. The revised policy also specifies that test scores must be no more than two years old at the time of application.
- The revised policy can be found on our website here.